A ton of my companions have been keen on bringing their own chickens up in their rural regions so I figured I would compose a post on the real factors of this well established endeavor. A considerable lot of you realize that my father is a rancher and has numerous side interests including raising chickens. I figured it is extraordinary to get some understanding concerning how possible and how much work it is to bring chickens up in a limited space setting so I approached my father for some counsel.
1. What is the best thing about having chickens? It is amusing to accumulate the eggs every morning and there is something in particular about crisp eggs that preferences much better than locally acquired.
2. What number of eggs does a run of the mill chicken lay every week? In the event that the chicken is upbeat and very much took care of, it will normally lay one egg a day. As of now, we have 15 chickens so we accumulate around 7 dozen eggs for each week.
3. What is the hardest thing about raising chickens? Shockingly, it is warding predators off. There are numerous predators of chickens yet the absolute most persistent ones have been trained canines. Different predators that raise a hazard to chickens incorporate possums and raccoons who will even passage under the chicken fenced in area.
4. What do you wish you knew before beginning to raise chickens? It is unquestionably a regular errand, chickens need a ton of consideration; you can’t simply up and leave for the end of the week, you need to watch out for them, they need a lot of nourishment and water.
5. What has amazed you about raising chickens? They need rock in their gizzards to assist them with granulating their nourishment. Chickens have no teeth so you have to toss a touch of rock in their stuck region with the goal that they can gather it. Additionally, an intriguing actuality is that you can tell the shade of the eggs by the shade of their ears. Dark colored eared hens lay darker eggs, white ears produce white eggs.
6. What counsel would you be able to give about raising chickens? Chickens are most likely not appropriate for the city or a rural region since they make a great deal of commotion, however in the event that there is no chicken, one hen will take on the chicken job getting prevailing and defensive over all the others. While right now, hen doesn’t lay eggs.
7. What might you have to begin raising chickens on the off chance that you had extremely constrained space in your yard? What amount of room is the base you would require? A portable coop is best for constrained space; there are numerous designs for them and you can buy them on the web, some weighing as meager as a handcart. You need at any rate 1.5 sq ft per chicken, on the off chance that you had a 7-10 sq ft space you could have around 5 chickens in a portable coop. I would begin with at least 3 chickens as they are very amiable and are more joyful in a gathering. The idea of a versatile coop is that it is light, convenient, and can be moved effectively around your yard. The issue is that any grass chickens are in will go to earth inside a couple of days since chickens like to look for bugs, along these lines, it is ideal to pivot the chickens around your yard on the off chance that you don’t have a devoted coop region. Chickens additionally like to be pivoted around and are more joyful with the adjustment in condition instead of the customary fixed coop.
8. Are chickens safe around kids? Chickens are commonly sheltered around kids yet they become forceful and could peck whenever left unfed.
9. What amount do chickens eat? Ten chickens will experience a 50lb pack of feed alongside grass and bugs in a single month. You can enhance some take care of with vegetable trimmings and scraps in any event, bringing omega 3’s into the eggs by adding fish to their eating routine. They likewise need a calcium supplement which can be found as clam shells to help make their egg shells thicker. Chickens can’t eat potatoes or rice.
10. Something else you might want to include about chickens?
You can keep eggs for as long as 3 months at 44 degrees.
To assist eggs with enduring longer, don’t wash them totally on the grounds that they have a characteristic defensive covering.
You can utilize a LED electric lamp as a candler, what you are searching for is a blood spot inside the egg. In the event that you split an egg and see one it needs as disposed of and isn’t palatable.
They rest up high on a perch, you can utilize a branch or dowel inside your coop and they love it!
Two times per year, chickens shed, or lose the entirety of their quills and during this time they don’t lay eggs.
They are extremely diverting creatures.